Thursday, May 22, 2008

Jesus Is There

I wrote this song for the Steven Curtis Chapman family in the midst of the tragedy of losing their daughter Maria Sue Chapman. It's not great, but I felt like I needed to do something to let them know how much people were praying for them and thinking about them.

My prayer is this song eases some pain in some way.

"Jesus Is There"
By Mike Lewis
Lyrics:
We don't understand
Why we lose such good friends
This can't be the right time to go
We're saying goodbye
To this one full of life
Who will watch over her 'til we get there?

Jesus is there
And He is holding her hand
Jesus is there
He won't let her go
The Great Comforter, Healer, and Maker of Life
Will keep her safe
Jesus is there

The pain is so much
We need the Lord's touch
To take all this hurt away
Will these feelings ever end
And our broken hearts mend
Until we see our girl in heaven?



I know I am not a songwriter or a guitar player, so please forgive my poor lyrics and guitar playing. No I don't own an acoustic guitar...that was an electric unplugged...lame I know. My own kids were asleep so I couldn't sing very loud either. But, I needed to get this uploaded as soon as I could.

If anyone knows the Chapman family, please let them know about this video. I have no contact information to send it to them.