Wednesday, January 05, 2011

52 Books In 52 Weeks - 2010

I am most proud this year of my book list. I resolved to read one book a week for every week this year. While I started really strong the last couple months was the most difficult. Either what I was picking up wasn't catching my interest or I just was very busy and unable to read like I would have liked. But, I made it through. I read 52 books this year. In no particular order (some are in order of what I read, but I would forget to write some down and write them down later out of order), here they are:

1. The Edge Chronicles, Volume 6: Vox by Paul Stewart & Chris Liddell
2. The Contemplative Pastor by Eugene Peterson
3. Paul and the Thessalonians by Abraham J. Malherbe
4. Where Mercy Is Shown, Mercy Is Given by Duane "Dog" Chapman
5. Churches in the New Testament by Michael Weed & Wendell Willis
6. Theology Matters by Holloway, Harris, and Black
7. The Unlikely Disciple by Kevin Roose
8. Inside The Mind of Youth Pastors by Mark Riddle
9. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
10. Eat This Book by Eugene Peterson
11. A Book You'll Actually Read on Church Leadership by Mark Driscoll
12. Religion and Sexuality: Opposing Viewpoints by Various Authors
13. Teens At Risk: Opposing Viewpoints by Various Authors
14. Usagi Yojimbo: The Shrouded Moon by Stan Sakai
15. God's Politics by Jim Wallis
16. Teens Under The Influence by K. Ketcham & Nicolas A. Pace, M.D.
17. Evangelical Feminism by Wayne Grudem
18. Culture Shift by R. Albert Mohler, Jr.
19. The Map: The Way Of All Great Men by David Murrow
20. The Gay Gospel? by Joe Dallas
21. Why We're Not Emergent by Kevin DeYoung & Ted Kluck
22. The Blue Parakeet by Scot McKnight
23. Jesus: Mean and Wild by Mark Galli
24. The Truth War by John MacArthur
25. The Radical Reformission by Mark Driscoll
26. 99 Thoughts for Youth Workers by Josh Griffin
27. Secret Message of Jesus by Brian McLaren
28. The Church of Facebook by Jesse Rice
29. The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman
30. Interpretation Commentary - Romans by Paul Achtemeier
31. Unleashing Courageous Faith by Paul Coughlin
32. Common Sense by Glenn Beck
33. Confessions of a Reformission Rev. by Mark Driscoll
34. Brother West by Cornell West
35. Engaging the Soul of Youth Culture by Walt Mueller
36. The Ten Things You Can't Say in America by Larry Elder
37. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
38. Misquoting Truth by Timothy Paul Jones
39. Deep Church by Tim Belcher
40. A Slobbering Love Affair by Bernard Goldberg
41. The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
42. Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood by John Piper & Wayne Grudem
43. Going Rogue by Sarah Palin
44. Introducing Hegel by Lloyd Spencer
45. A Theory of Everything by Ken Wilber
46. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
47. The Obama Diaries by Laura Ingraham
48. A Generous Orthodoxy by Brian McLaren
49. Neighbor by Ben Daniel
50. Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern
51. Green Hell by Steven Milloy
52. Smile by Raina Telegemeier

Next year, I would like to do the same, but I am afraid I am going to be busy with some other things so I am changing it to one book a month and I want each book to be really selective. I will likely read more than that, but the ones I report will be a bit more personal for me.