Monday, April 14, 2014

Book Review: The Dude's Guide to Manhood

I love the amount of books that are being released geared toward men and biblical manhood. It's refreshing and it makes me feel like the publishing industry is finally giving us some attention. Men have had to struggle in their faith as the church has become more and more feminized with "Jesus is my girlfriend" songs and women becoming ministers, preachers, and elders and taking the leadership role away from their men. It is a subject I take seriously so I was excited to read The Dude's Guide to Manhood by Darrin Patrick.

In Dude's Guide, Mister Patrick takes us to several subjects we dudes tend to need advice and help with. He gives practical advice about how to treat our relationships, coping with sin, and how to grow more healthy in our daily walk in life, in work, and in being content. Patrick teaches us how it is important for us to be successful in these areas in order to lead our families and our churches to their best.

Patrick's book takes a very easy approach in writing style. It was very readable. Darrin Patrick is the chaplain for the St. Louis Cardinals and also a minister in the same city. So, he uses a lot of sports references for the dudes that like that style. I think The Dude's Guide to Manhood is a great addition to my Man Library. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

*****
I received this book free from the Harper Collins BookLook program. I was not required to write a favorable review. I was only asked to be honest. The words are my own.