Monday, April 14, 2014

Book Review: The Samson Syndrome

Many men feel invincible but deep down struggle with many things that make them feel like weak failures. In The Samson Syndrome, Mark Atteberry addresses several lessons men can learn from the baddest boy of the Bible, Samson.

Samson was strong, but he failed mightily. In the end, he stood strong to be who he was created to be and was honored for it. That is our call too. I liked The Samson Syndrome. It was a fun, quick read with some really funny stories scattered among the helpful advice. I found out this is a re-release of the book with the same name from 2003.

I also really enjoyed the study of the man Samson. It is not very often we get a book that goes in-depth into a biblical person and gives us advice how to avoid their pitfalls in a way that is so practical and biblical. For a book that was released 10 years ago, this was a refreshing read and feels just as relevant today. I really give Atteberry a lot of praise for this book.

I give The Samson Syndrome 4 out of 5 stars.

*****
I received this book free from the Harper Collins BookLook program. I was not required to write a favorable review. I was only asked to be honest. The words are my own.