Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Movie: Building The Machine

I am among the many parents and educators who are unhappy with the Common Core State Standards that have been implemented in our schools. I have spent the last year learning as much as I can about it. I believe I have become very informed about where this came from and how it is used. I have been working with others to get it removed and for us to work on something that takes education and teaches our kids the basics of education and gives our teachers more freedom to be creative and yet, not be penalized by state tests. CCSS has been giving us nothing but issues and problems in our home. My son, especially, has been struggling to keep up. As an adult, I have had trouble even being able to help my kids with their homework.

So, I found out there is a film about Common Core. Here it is. Please take 40 minutes to watch it and learn more about the Core.