Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Rundown - 6

Some things going through my mind this week...and they are VERY random this week (unlike other weeks, right?):

- I'm not skinny...at all. And I know it. But why do I keep hearing other fat people talk about what is healthy and not healthy? I am likely not going to listen to them. You're fat. Take your own advice.
- It's like taking advice about the law from criminals. Or listening to atheists exegete scripture. Not gonna happen.
- "I Stand In Awe" is metaphorical. You are singing "I am very much in awe of you". It doesn't mean "I am standing up because I am in awe." If you are in awe as we hear about in scripture, you would fall to the ground with your eyes averted. The automatic standing up during that song feels weird. I don't like to stand during that song on principle.
- There are some songs I won't lead in worship service because of similar principles.
- Love in scripture is not the sentimental love we hear about today. We have changed the meaning. Love is patient, kind, not arrogant, rude, boastful. It never fails. True. If you read that passage, it also says "Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth." So, love speaks up when evil is happening and stands for the truth. Love does not let people continue in sin.
- Parenting is hard. We're having a big struggle with our son and getting him to mature into his age and act better. It is super tiring.
- Prayer is powerful and we're petitioning God to get us through this.
- I have been reading much more this year than the last couple. It feels good. Doing this much reading is like taking college courses and working muscles that haven't been worked in a long while.
- Free Comic Book Day is this Saturday. Find a participating retailer! Free fun for the whole family.