Monday, April 28, 2014

The Rundown - 7

This is what is happening with my brain this week:

- It is tough to live your life in the best way you know how only to have people who still just don't like you or the opinions you express and choose to alienate you.
- Hearing that Star Wars VII has a cast set now makes me a bit excited.
- Clippers owner Donald Sterling is disgusting. Should he still be able to own the team? Maybe, I don't know. What is next though? Someone can't say homosexuality is wrong? Can't say negative things about Obama? Can't be a conservative and support conservative candidates? We should stop being the speech police. Sterling should see what his actions cause people to do. It should cause any board of the team to convene and think about kicking him out. It should cause the NBA to consider some kind of punishment and apology. It should cause Clippers fans to boycott games which means fans should probably stay home for the rest of the season. But I don't call for public boycotts. But, just sayin'. UPDATE: The Commish just banned Sterling for life. That's gotta be crazy timing that I just posted this.
- Why is no one outraged that he has a wife AND a girlfriend? Why is that not news?
- UPDATE: Why aren't people asking Shaq to resign and sell his share of the Sacramento Kings? Story HERE
- Mother's Day is May 11th. This will be my first Mother's Day without my Mom. I am sure it will be emotional. Lucky me, I get to lead worship and try not to cry the whole time.
- I say that last part sarcastically. I know it will be hard, but I have such an awesome church and friends and family who are all praying for me. I know with their prayers and love from the Spirit, I will be just fine.
- I read recently that if a child/teen in a home becomes a Christian, there is a 9% chance the whole home will convert and join a local church.
- If a wife/mom becomes a Christian, there is a 13% chance the whole household will convert and join the church.
- If a dad/husband becomes a Christian, the chance the whole household converts is 93%!!!
- We should be doing a better job reaching men, discipling them, helping them mature, and teaching them to lead. The influence of men is huge. Men should be leading their homes, the church, and in the world. Let's help them and give them resources and opportunities to do so.
- I take this responsibility seriously and I am doing what I can to lead both at home and in the church. I am thankful for a church that gives this responsibility to the men of the congregation. It keeps us on our toes.
- Am I the only one that gets a defective electronic device every time I buy one? I get the defective one every time. Even if I grab one from the middle of the stack or the back of the shelf. I spend more time in the customer service line than in the actual checkout lines. Most recently it was a defective "Disney's: Frozen" disc.

What's going on in your head this week?

__