Friday, May 23, 2014

The Rundown - 9

Here are the random ramblings my brain yelled at me this week:


- I had a great time seeing my brother and his family this week. We got to talk about a lot. He and I generally have similar minds. I think it is why I am so close to him.
- I was reminded this week that without the care and love of a church family, there really isn't much hope when times are difficult.
- So, suddenly, a lot of people are big fans of the pope. Many of them hated the previous popes. I don't think they like this one because he is making Christianity clear and true. I think it is because it is the first time a pope is making Christianity more palatable to a sinful world. This pope is willing to sacrifice clear Bible teachings to gain acceptance from the world. Not surprisingly, the world is reciprocating and willing to love a man who will defend sinfulness and false teaching. There is nothing new under the sun.
- When we lay down for sin, we stand for nothing.
- A verse I keep coming back to is 1 Corinthians 13:6 "...love rejoices in the truth..." There's a lot in this.
- I am content in knowing that I will never be accepted among my peers for my point of view. I feel sorry for my detractors, but I'm okay with it. I know Whom I believe in.
- I am feeling a bit melancholy for Father's Day this year. Not really looking forward to it. I'm glad to be a dad, but it is the year marker now for when my mom passed away.
- It has been difficult for me to really pay attention to my favorite sports teams lately. First, it is because we don't have cable and a lot of sports are being sent to cable channels rather than the networks as they were in the past. Second, it is because all my teams are not local so they don't show them here. Third, it is because I'm too busy and tired to focus on a game.
- That said, I am excited for the return of football. Chicago has some great draft picks this season.
- First Smallville, then Arrow. Now there will be The Flash and Gotham. Marvel may have the monopoly on great comic book movies, but DC is killing it with comic book television.

What is on your mind this week?

__